Sunday 11 September 2011

Prolonged Absences...

...Make it far more difficult to begin again.

I've been trying to kick-start this blog again for weeks, if not months now. I won't lie, a lot of my motivation just seemed to have vanished, with every aspect of life, but I'm beginning to view things with a sharper sense of focus now and things need to change. They just need to get better, simple as that.

My boyfriend has a beautifully simplistic view of the world, and I'm going to attempt to let that view wash over me too; me, the over-complicating, complex nutjob. As a luxury for a girl who drives herself to the brink of insanity on a near daily basis, I'm treating myself to a little dose of 'simple'.

And so I have some simple goals:

  • Write, and write for me. One of my favourite quotes by Cyril Connolly - "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
  • Sing again. For no reason, for no purpose, other than for enjoyment. Why must everything in life, be it hobbies, passions, loves, tattoos, be categorised and necessarily meaningful?
  • Adopt a new way of looking at the future. And decide what I want to do with my life, not what makes anyone else happy or proud.
  • See more of the people that make me smile, and laugh, and cry. Friendships are easily faded and I want mine to remain bright, shiny, untarnished by time.
Are these too idealistic? Possibly. Will I try my best to hold on to them? Absolutely.

Hopefully, I'll get the chance to blog again soon, and for longer. Maybe I'll start requesting topics, who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment