Saturday 5 February 2011

And so it begins.

So I figured while I'm sitting in work, watching the tourists like the battle-hardened people watcher that I am, I could for once put my time to good use and actually begin this blog.

Yesterday was a good day for me. In terms of weather, Edinburgh was less than glorious; with lashings of hard, cold rain, and that terrible soul-destroying wind that bites and scrapes relentlessly. If there is one weather condition I utterly detest, it's wind of that nature and strength, it just destroys everything! I had another reason to loathe the conditions yesterday, as they had ruined plans for an outdoor location shoot with the lovely photographer Sam Williamson.

But as both of us had been so excited about shooting together, we decided to try something simple indoors in Sam's father's flat. I instantly fell in love with the place - cosily and beautifully decorated with stylish touches; plush antique-looking leather armchairs, old Edinburgh architectural features. Considering it was meant to be a 'simple' shoot, I think we did pretty well, and had about 6 outfit changes. It was also my first attempt at a shoot without a make up artist present, but I'm pretty pleased at the results I achieved myself! Can't wait to see the finished product, and Sam herself is so lovely, I'm glad that we're getting to rearrange the cancelled outdoor shoot. :)

Tonight I'll be meeting with a photographer called Timea Porubszky to discuss a shoot next Sunday, and her concept is fabulous so I'm pretty excited. More details on that after the shoot I think! I definitely have a lot to look forward to in the next week or two.

But now I'd better head back to the mundane, I work in a highland tour company, where I'm sure tourists are hired professionally just to aggravate me... Hopefully I'll get a chance to update again soon though, as I didn't realise how much I had to say until I started saying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment