Saturday 5 February 2011

Beautiful People

Just back from having a little drink with Timea and her lovely partner... What amazing, remarkable people they are! I think I had one of the most genuinely interesting conversations that I've had in a long time, and so now I can't wait to shoot with her next weekend.

It's lovely to find a person that shares the same passion for literature as well, and who is actually able to hold a discussion over works that run a little deeper than PS I Love You or Danielle Steele. Plus, anyone that likes Kundera is a hero in my eyes. My mission now is to find her some good old-fashioned, gritty Scottish literature for her to sink her teeth into, and in return she'll put me on to some of her native Hungarian poetry :) And that's a pretty good deal, I think.

I posted my very first portfolio review thread on Purestorm today as well, expecting a barrage of insults and critical opinions with possibly some slight glimmers of positivity poking through the gloom. What actually happened was spectacularly refreshing - no negative comments at all (so far anyway), simply nice comments and where required, constructive critique. For someone who doesn't have the highest levels of self-confidence, that was a pretty good feeling, and I hope I can just keep getting better from this.

I have to say, I'm so glad I started this blog now... I have the feeling it may be used and abused...

No comments:

Post a Comment